Friday, June 19, 2009

Road Trip

My mother-in-law and I took the kids on a road trip to Southern California. My sister lives a few minutes from where my in-laws used to live, so the kids and I stayed with my sister and Sue stayed with a friend. We had a chance to see Sue's mom (the kids' great grandma DuVall) and her sisters too. We saw the beach and just enjoyed some time away.
This is the closest In N Out to us (for now) and was our first stop. Sue would have been happy to eat here for every meal, but I don't think they are open for breakfast.


Here are the kids with Great Grandma Duvall. We met her and Peggy and Julie for dinner as we passed through Ontario on our way to Torrance.

On Friday we intended to just have lunch and play in the sand at the beach, but then we decided to get our feet wet, we got a lot more than our feet wet, and before long the swim suits were out and we were having a ball.
The kids love playing in the sand. We brought a lot of it home to Michelle's apartment.
Me and the kids, wishing Brian was with us.
Grandma and the kids, ready to get their feet wet.
Sue tesxting her boys, bragging about where we were.
The kids all LOVED the water.



Time for the swim suits. We had a great day!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun! I LOVE In 'N Out.

Addie May said...

That looks like fun! you were smart to escape the rain!

Thill family said...

I am so with Sue....I would eat every meal at in 'N Out too. I love it! Looks like you had a great time. What a fun little break.