Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Tradition of the Orange Sticks

So I grew up hearing about a time that my uncle's friend gave him a gift of orange sticks at Christmas. The friend dropped it off when my uncle wasn't home. My dad and grandparents were, and they thought it would be funny to open the box, eat some and wrap it back up. So they did. My uncle opened a partially eaten box of orange sticks, and I think he bought a box, ate part and gave it to his friend.

Like I said, I grew up hearing this story every year, and this year Grandpa (my dad) wanted to carry on the tradition and told it to the kids. (We even ate part of a box of orange sticks and wrapped it up.)

Anyway, yesterday I picked up a few other treats to give to various people as gifts and Michael saw them. He also wanted some.

He said, "Can't we do the orange stick thing?"

No comments: