Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy

The last few weeks have been fairly chaotic. We remodeled our kitchen, which means our cooking and eating was completely displaced. Nathan has been working like crazy on three merit badges, Michael has had school projects, Halloween brought extra parties and costume planning, the kids were preparing duets for piano festival and we this was on top of normal, busy life. All of it is good and wonderful stuff, but piled together I will admit I began to feel a bit overwhelmed.

Today I sat in church and I felt peace. Life is still super busy, projects still need to be finished and more projects are on the way, but I felt so happy. I was particularly touched today as I sang about and pondered the many blessings that come through our Savior Jesus Christ. I felt so grateful.

I have started listening to Christmas music, not the cutesy fun stuff (which I love and will get my fill of later this year) but the heart felt, spirit lifting, worshipful kind. I have decided that there is nothing wrong with letting myself listen to this kind all year long.

No comments: