Monday, December 12, 2016

#LIGHTtheWORLD

Brian is such a great example to me. Yesterday for the Light the World campaign the focus was on ministering to children, and two events from this very weekend have been on my mind.

Saturday we had our ward Christmas party. It was a chance to gather, eat a few refreshments, but mostly meet new people. Towards the end of the party I watched as Brian knelt down so he could talk with a little girl at her eye level. I couldn't hear what was said, but I could see enough to know she was happy. It wasn't lengthy, but this little moment filled my heart with joy.

Last night we had our stake music of Christmas. I led our ward choir and all of the kids sang in that choir. Nathan played his violin in a string ensemble. We sang congregational hymns and listened to other choirs and musical numbers. It was such a treat. The evening ended with the traditional singing of the Hallelujah Chorus, and Brian offered the closing prayer. It was a beautiful prayer, filled with hearfelt gratitude and much sincerity. Brian was choked up during the prayer and tears came to my eyes.When we got home we had cocoa with the kids, and Brian reminded them of an experience he had as a teenager when he first heard the Hallelujah Chorus. The spirit he that overcame him that day comes back every time he hears it, and that is why the end of the program last night was so meaningful for him. I am so grateful that he shared this experience with out kids.

I am sure lucky to have Brian!

No comments: