Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thankful . . . from A to Z

My mother-in-law sent us home after Thanksgiving celebrations with a "I am thankful for" paper. There were 26 spaces, each with a letter of the alphabet next to it. I took some time after kids were in bed to fill it out. They took some time Saturday to fill out theirs and we had fun comparing answers. It was a fun way to think about our blessings.

A - Ancestors - Parents, Grandparents and generations who have come before to make the many blessings of my life possible.

B - Brian - What would I do without such a wonderful husband!

C - Children - I sure love my kids and I am grateful for the opportunity of motherhood.

D - Date Night

E - Education and Employment - WE are so blessed!

F - Family and Friends - so many people bless our lives. They lift and help and strengthen.

G - Games - Such a fun way to spend time with family.

H - Home - Protection for the storms, both of weather and of challenges of the world.

I - Ice Cream - Yum!

J - Jesus Christ - My Savior and Redeemer

K - Kisses (and other ways to express love)

L - Lakes and Oceans - Being around water is so peaceful

M - Math (and Music)

N - Night - a time to rest and rejuvenate

O - Opportunities for Growth - whether they come through challenges or exciting experiences, we have had many opportunities to try new things and improve this year.

P - Priesthood and Prophets - The power and authority of God has been restored to the earth

Q - Quiet time to ponder

R - Reading - Learning from great literature

S - Scriptures - Feast Upon the Word of God

T - Temples - Families CAN be together forever

U - Umbrellas - Protection from rain, especially when I am dependent upon public transportation and a storm comes

V - Vacuum and other labor saving devices - they sure make life easier

W - Water - Clean and Plentiful!

X - X-rays, MRIs and the many miracles of modern medicine

Y - Yellow and other colors that make me happy

Z - Zippered sweaters and coats that keep me warm!

I am so very grateful for abundant blessings that have been poured upon me! Life is good!

No comments: