Saturday, May 26, 2018

Thankful for service

This morning we spent about an hour helping a family move into they new home in our ward. We went up and down a lot of stairs, but I was truly grateful for the chance to help.

I love that we can take our whole crew and that they willingly pitch in. Sure, they would probably rather be somewhere else, but they served happily and worked hard the entire time. I am grateful for this little army of mine nd the good they can do.

I also was reminded that there is always something we can do. Megan (or me for that matter) can't necessarily carry the biggest, heaviest stuff, but that doesn't mean our time there wasn't helpful. There was stuff for us to lift and ways for us to help.

The family was very, very grateful for our help. They didn't seem to know what they could possibly do to thank us sufficiently, but truly I was most grateful for the opportunity to serve with my family.

No comments: