Thursday, August 7, 2008

Christmas in July

So once again this year my Grandma asked me to make her Christmas cards. She likes to give me plenty of warning, and truthfully I love doing it. It gives me a chance to make a bunch of different Christmas cards and experiment with layouts and try to do something new and different. I had a great time using some stamps that I haven't really used before (the snowman set (the snowman is a trifold card and I like how it turned out), and the snowflake set) and I also used some old favorites in different ways to make something new. I think my favorite two are the dark blue with Mary and the Baby Jesus and the burgundy, green and cream with the snowflakes, though the snowman one makes me smile.



I am now working on some "just because" cards for my mom. I have had some ribbon that has gone unused and I have used it for inspiration on color combinations and ideas for layouts. I will post these soon. There are some I am pretty proud of.

5 comments:

the coldest little family said...

You are incredible! I love seeing your projects, and would love to come by for some lessons on card making. Good work! Love ya, Danielle

Natalie said...

Wow! Those are beautiful!

Melissa said...

You are so talented- each one is so cute and original!! I love em!

Ashley said...

I love them! I can't decide which one I like best because they are all so cute! Great work!

Michelle said...

Your cards get better every year seriously. I can't wait to see what I end up with.