Thursday, January 28, 2010

Megan

Here are a few stories about Miss Meg that I don't want to forget.

-Megan got some Princess CDs for Christmas with lots of the Disney princess songs. She loves them! The other night she was listening to them at bedtime (which happens a lot) and I realized it was Sunday. I went upstairs and told her we don't listen to Princess songs on Sunday, so we traded the CD out for a Primary one and all was fine.
The next day she asked, "What day is it?"
I said, "Monday."
"So it's NOT Sunday," she said, then headed over to her CD player, took out the primary CD and put the Princess one back in.
****She doesn't have anything against the Primary CD, but just wanted to make sure it was OK to listen to Princesses.

-We were at a friend's house and Meg was watching a Sesame Street movie with her friend Kate. At the end everyone was sitting on Sesame Street singing a song and Megan turned to me and said, "Mom, I think I am going to cry." Looks like she has inherited some of her sentimentality from her mom. Poor kid!

-Last night Megan was supposed to be in bed but I heard her whining.She was trying to tie LL Bean's leash (a rope she ties around her toy dog's neck) to the handle of a basket. When I asked her what was wrong she said, "I am trying to do a simple machine and it won't work." Liz filled me in and said that Meg was trying to make a pulley so she could pull the basket up to the top bunk.

-Megan watched our one and only My Little Pony videos then came to me and told me she has to be Sunny Daze (one of the ponys). When I asked why she said it was because Sunny Daze made a charm bracelet out of Sunbeams and she is a sunbeam at church. So cute! She love being a Sunbeam.
Megan wearing the crown she made in her very first Sunbeam class.
Megan "reading" a book. She is really eager about learning the letters
and sounds so she can learn to read.

She's growing up so much I don't know what to do with her (or myself for that matter.)

No comments: