Thursday, May 27, 2010

Two posts in one day?

So I go weeks and weeks without posting, and here is the second one today.

I just had to share this picture of Liz. Every month there is a field trip for the visually impaired students in our district. Sometimes she goes if we feel like the activity will benefit her and give her a cool experience. For example, we have seen her confidence grow as she has been ice skating every year for the last four years. On the other hand, sometimes the activities are things we have done a lot or recently as a family so we keep her in school (like the dinosaur museum or Discovery Gateway, both activities that we happened to do the same month as the field trips).

Anyway, this year Liz ventured into new territory and went fishing. The report from her vision teacher is that she had a ball. She was one of the first to catch a fish and was thrilled by everything, even the bait, which she later reported was gross, but that she took care of anyway. She proudly came home with three trout. I wish I could have seen her, but I do have this picture, and I think it is darling!

No comments: