Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Personal Progress

I was called as the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women's presidency in our ward only nine months after starting my work with the Webelos aged scouts in our pack. I love Cub Scouting, and Scouting in general. Over the last four years I have learned more about scouts than i ever thought possible and I came to understand that I want scouts to be important in our house because of what it will help my boys become.

As a scout leader I decided to attend Wood Badge, an advanced leadership training for adults. I was so excited, and a little nervous, for this new experience. A little ironically, I started my first three days at Wood Badge the same week I was called into the Young Women's program. Wood Badge was incredible; I learned so many things that will be valuable to me not only in any scouting I do, but also as a mom and a YW leader.

One of my Wood Badge tickets is work (on my own and with the girls in my class) on Personal Progress.

I HAVE LOVED THIS EXPERIENCE!

Personal Progress has changed a lot since I was a teenager. The theme has been added to twice and a new value has joined the seven I learned at the age of 12. And now there is so much available online. You can keep track of what you have done, record thoughts in an online journal, and even mark and annotate scripture verses online. IT IS AMAZING!

As I have read scriptures, conference talks and articles I have gained insights, have have learned things I should improve on and I have felt the Spirit teach me.

Personal Progress is an inspired program. I am excited for my own daughters to become Young Women and to have the amazing experience of learning, growing and progressing.


No comments: