Thursday, January 3, 2013

God is Near and God is Love

I came across this in my study today, and I was filled with gratitude for the reminder. 

Acts 17:27 (quoted with footnote b)
That they should seek the Lord,  if they are willing to find him, for he is not far from every one of us.

Our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ love us, and they want us to be close to them.  But it is up to each of us. And the actions we must take to "seek the Lord" are not new, and they in some ways could be considered simple (though maybe not always easy): scripture study, sincere prayer and doing our very best to keep the commandments. Doing these things remind me of the love my Heavenly Father has for me, the ways that He has blessed my life, and that He wants me to return to live with him. Sometimes as I read the scriptures or pray or even sing hymns, my heart is filled to bursting, and I know that I feel that way because God is near me. 

No comments: