Friday, February 7, 2014

Reminiscing

Fourteen years ago yesterday marks the day that Briand and I decided to get married. It was a little more sudden than either of us had planned, but it was right. (Today marks fourteen years since he officially proposed!) Last night as we were kneeling down to pray I asked him if he even imagined all of those years ago that this is where we would be. I know that is a silly question though, because we couldn't possibly have imagined where we are now. We had hopes and dreams of course, but it is almost overwhelming to look back and see that things have been perfect. I don't say perfect in the sense that the last fourteen years have been easy with everything going just as we hoped all of the time, but rather in the sense that despite the challenges, the worries and even frustrations I wouldn't change a single thing about the last fourteen years. I see the ways the Lord has guided and cared for our family, the ways that He gave strength when trials came, and the ways that He helped increase our faith. And (I know that this will sound entirely sappy), through it all, we have been together.

February 14, 2000

Fall 2013 

No comments: