Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Fools

I dislike April Fools Day . . . a lot. Thekids are cute about it though, playing simple, little, harmless jokes on each other. A couple of the kids' teachers did cute things for the day as well. Megan's teacher had the school announce that the second grade field trip was canceled due to weather, then told them "April Fools!" And Mike's teacher made a few changes to their daily schedule, listing things like multi variable calculus in the place of "math". I don't mind these harmless jokes, but I am certainly not a fan of anything that hurts or embarrasses people.

Anyway, back to my story. The kids had gone to bed, and Megan had come down for a drink of water. Then she said, "Mom, I didn't April Fools anyone, not once." She was so sad. I said, "If you think of one, then do it." A few minutes later I was sitting at the computer and she comes down the stairs, trying to look frightened, but really looking excited. "There's a lion in my room!" I jump up, trying to look frightening and said, "Oh, no." I hadn't gone more than two steps when she said, "April Fools!" She was so proud of herself.

I wish I could just keep her at this age forever.

No comments: