Monday, October 13, 2014

Fire hats and Fur Elise

Mike might hate me one day for posting this picture, but it was so typical of him that I had to record this occurrence somehow. 

Last week the cub scouts went to the fire station for a field trip. He came home with this fire hat. He loves his fire hat! A couple of days later he was doing his piano practice and obviously he wanted to wear his fire hat at the same time. It wasn't until he started practicing Fur Elise by Beethoven that I grabbed my camera. There was something about the irony of that hat and that song being somehow combined that made me smile. Or maybe it was just so fun, as a mom, to see Michael's interests and talents combined, even in an uncharacteristic way.


1 comment:

Ashlie Grow said...

that is so funny :-) What a great kid!