Friday, June 12, 2015

We have teenagers

Something happened on Monday with Liz and Nathan that I really wish I had on video, but I don't. I do want to try to remember it though because it was so funny.

Nathan was leaving to a week away at a scout leadership camp (Liz would be leaving the next morning your YW camp). We had read scriptures as a family, then had family prayer, and the kids were giving Brian and I their usual hugs. Nathan was also giving Megan and Michael hugs. Then he put his arms around Liz. Liz gave him a bit of a sideways glance, put her hand on his chest and straightened her arm, slowly pushing him away until he was an arm's distance away.

Nathan flashed a big smile and open his arms wide, silently asking, "Can't your brother give you a hug before he leaves for a week?" Then Liz reached out and patted him on the head, which was even funnier because he had his boots on and was a good inch taller than her.

I looked at Brian and we just laughed. Yep, we have teenagers!

No comments: