Friday, September 18, 2015

Feeling Sentimental

Sometimes I can't believe how fast time is going, and how fast the kids are growing. I feel like it was just a moment ago that they were all tiny, then I blinked and have two teenagers and two nearing the end of their time in elementary school.

I am scared to blink again because I know that it isn't long before they will be leaving home, going on missions, getting married, having kids . . . and I can't think about this too long or I freak out a bit. 

Don't get me wrong. I love that my kids are growing up! They are independent, confident kids. They are eager to learn, they have so many talents. They are kind and they strive really hard to do what is right and make good choices. They love each other and enjoy being with their siblings. I count my blessings every day. I feel so lucky that Heavenly Father saw fit to send this little crew to our home and family.

But sometimes I let myself indulge in a little sentimentality. Last May I made this video to help me do just that. It has pictures of my kids at similar stages in the first five years of life (newborn, blessing, infant, 3 month portraits, annual portraits and a picture from during each year of their life) as well as some of my favorite shots of the four of them together. 

Truthfully, I had forgotten I made this video, but found it this week as I was in another moment of remembering the past in order to help me more fully appreciate the present. 


No comments: