Thursday, February 11, 2016

Megan's story of faith

Last night Megan shared with me a story, one that I hope will become part of her foundation of faith.

Megan had to be home alone for a few minutes last night. The three older kids were at scouts and mutual, I had a meeting and Brian needed to do some last minute service for a neighbor. I was only two doors down and we had practiced her calling me just in case she needed something.

When I got home all of the other kids were home too.They told me about their fun activities. Then Megan told me about how when I was gone she was listening to a book. She has listened to this book before and really likes it, but there is a part that is kind of scary. She said it felt really scary because she was home alone. She told me that she prayed that she would be safe. Then she listened to the Book of Mormon instead of the book she had been listening too.

I am so grateful that her first choice was to turn to her Heavenly Father. She asked him for help, and then she turned to His scriptures so that she could feel peace.

The Spirit will come as we read God's word in the scriptures. It came to be with a little girl last night, so she could feel safe.

No comments: