Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back to Butter

We took Megan to the pediatrician today for her check up. She is 33.5 inches tall which is 50th percentile, but she lost about 9 ounces in weight and is down to 21 pounds even. This is only the 1%. So the doctor said we need to increase her calories and take her back in six months. So we will add a little more butter to everything she eats, keep her on whole milk, add carnation instant breakfast once or twice a day to that milk. I am having a bit of deja vu, but at least I am not a worried stressed out mom like i was when we went through this with Michael. If only we all got such a fun recommendation from our doctor, to eat MORE butter and GAIN weight!

On a better note, Megan has been over two days now without a pacifier! I am so excited and really think that this means we are done with binkies!!!!!

4 comments:

Nancy Ross said...

Rosie lost a lot of weight after she was born and it completely freaked me out! And congrats on getting rid of the pacifier.It will be a while before we attempt that.

Nancy Ross

Ashley said...

I am sorry you have to do this again, hopefully she doesn't have any allergies like Michael.

Congrats on loosing the passy. My kids would never take it. But they sound like a hard habit to break.

Red Bed Head said...

My niece is a little failure to thrive child. With her food my sister is always liberal with butter,sour cream, anything with high calories, she was even on ensure for a while. Good luck with that.

Jen Lee said...

Here's one to try~ cheerios's fried in butter! My friend had the same situation and that was her little girls's favorite! Then again, just about everything tastes better covered in butter! Lucky girl~ she should enjoy it while she can ;)