Thursday, May 29, 2008

Anne of Windy Poplars and Pride and Prejudice (the movie)

I finished Anne of Windy Poplars today. I had it on tape and enjoyed listening ot it a great deal. It is the basis for a lot of what goes on in the second movie, though situations with a dozen characters in the book are combined to be just a few characters in the movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but am eager to move on to Book 5.

Last night I started watching the five hour version of Pride and Prejudice. I had intended to watch the first two or three portions of the movie, but by the time those sections are done I was to the best parts of the story, so I couldn't help but stay up and watch the rest. Brian was a good sport and watched with me, though he did have a good laugh about Mr. Bennet. I loved it! I was so glad to be able to sit through it and enjoy almost every minute.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE Pride and Prejudice! I havent watched it in a while, but I loved watching it while i was pregnant sick or just sick. Now that i have kids its harder to sit for the whole 5 hours.

Thats nice of Brian to watch it with you. Heber has watched it with me once, but i dont think we will do it again. I made him becasue he made me watch Star wars, and Lord of the rings. so i made him watch this and Anne of Green gables

Ashley said...

opps, I ment, I dont think He will do it again. I will always love that show.