Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Emma

This summer I fell in love with the Masterpiece version of Emma. I saw the Hollywood version years ago and enjoyed it, but liked this new version even better. There were a few parts that left me a bit puzzled and wanting a little more background/explanation/detail so I decided to read the book. I am glad I did.

Though there were a few slow passages to muddle through, I enjoyed this a great deal. I think that the end made the book meet my expectations. The detail in the accounts of what occurred between Frank Churchill and Jane Fairfax, as well as more detail as to the thoughts of Emma concerning Mr. Knightly made the ending so fun to read. I enjoyed watching Emma learn and improve.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Ohh, that is one of a few next on my list. I am watching Sense and Sensibility right now. I am trying to watch all Jane Austins movies. I have a hard time with the books, but I LOVE the movies! Especially the really long ones! There great! Thanks for recommending it, I will have to watch it soon!

Michelle said...

I've been reading Emma for five years I think. I just can't get through it. Way to go!

Alisa said...

I need to see this again. Last year I bought the new BBC Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion and they are both wonderful.

Great Christmas letter, it's good to stay in touch!