Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rilla of Ingleside


So today I finished Rilla of Ingleside, the eighth and final book in the Anne of Green Gables Series. I was a little skeptical going into the last three or so books because I had heard they focused more on Anne's children than they did on Anne herself, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed each of them. I particularly like the last book. It focused on Anne's youngest daughter and child and how she grew and developed as her brothers went off to war and as her world changed. I loved watching the growth of her character. It was just a wonderful read.

I must say though, that I am the kind of reader who wants to always know what happens next. I love details! I could read on and on about just what happens to each and every character once a book is done, and the last three Anne books fulfilled this need. Watching Anne as her children grew to adulthood, and even watching them grow was such a thrill. This is a series I hope to read through again.

No comments: