Monday, May 18, 2009

I love being a Mom!

This Mothers' day felt different to me than any other, and I have been reflecting a lot as to why. Michael gave me this little album, and I have decorated it and filled it as a way of making something tangible out of my reflections.

For so many years I have been a mother of small children. It was hard, but I truly did love it. I heard over and over again about how quickly the time would go, and that I should enjoy every minute. I didn't enjoy EVERY minute, but I did try to savor the wonderful times. Anyway, now that my baby is three and is more of a little girl than a baby, I realize that those baby years really did go as fast as people said they would.

I have scrapbooked all of my memories, but with this cute little album from Mike I made a little book of some of the favorite pictures of my kids. I chose pictures (with the exception of the last few)from when they were still quite little. I tried to choose pictures that captured simple moments of joy. I started with a quotation from a talk that President Gordon B. Hinckley gave when I was pregnant with Liz. It gave me confidence as I faced the daunting task of motherhood. I ended with a quotation from a talk given recently by Elder M. Russell Ballard; a reminder to me of the important work I am a part of.

I still love being a mom, and I love the stage my kids are in now, but I want to remember the joy I had when they were little.


Oh, and it was just a really fun creative project to do too.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

How adorable!! I was wondering what to do with the album Connor brought home, and now I am inspired!! You are amazing!!

Richins Family said...

Hey Jen!
I loved the touching the temple that you did with your kids. I decided for FHE last night that we would do the same thing. It was really cool and I think it meant a lot to my girls. Thanks for the inspiration!
Love ya!
Ang