Monday, May 11, 2009

A Very Happy Mothers' day

So the kids and Brian had many secrets they were keeping last week. The kids told me oer and over again that I was getting an old dog cage with dinosaur bones in it for Mothers' day. And as much as i would have loved one of those I know now that they were trying to keep me from guessing the truth. I had a simple, and yummy breakfast in bed. My favorite part of which was hearing the whisperings as the kids and Brian came up the stairs, and the fork that Megan handed me (even though I didn't need a fork to eat my food) because it was the only thing she could carry without spilling.

Church was lovely. The Primary kids sang great. It was a treat to see my kids right in front singing the songs out!

And as much as Brian tried to keep dinner a secret, I smelled it cooking all day and figured it out. It was homemade Cafe Rio food; pork, cilantro-lime rice, black beans, lettuce, tomato, the yummy salad dressing, and the yummy tortillas that need to be cooked before you eat them. It was all delicious! I felt so special yesterday with everything.

Perhaps the best present though was when Michael was looking at the back of the Sacrament meeting program at church. There is always a list of the birthdays coming up, and his is this week, so he enjoyed looking at the list even more. There is said, "Michael Chantry 5/16" He pointed at the numbers and asked what the line was. I told him that it is how they write dates sometimes. Now he is the best part, and yes I got a little teary. He said, "But mom, those are for halves." It is so cute that he is talking about FRACTIONS already. I love my Mike!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sooo cute!! I love that he is talking about fractions. Sounds like a lovely day.