Friday, June 8, 2012

Feeling Grateful

This past weekend was a big one. Michael was baptized. This is a big deal for us as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And it was extra special because Michael got to share his special day with so many family members and many friends who were able to attend.


Watching my third child decide to follow Jesus Christ in this way filled my heart to overflowing with joy. Looking back I don't remember much of how I felt the day I was baptized, but I bet it was similar to the excitement and enthusiasm Mike had in his face, eyes, and heart. He was so excited his walk had a little bounce in it. But now that I am the mom I have the added benefit of a little more experience. I realize that all of the best things in my life can be traced back to my baptism, and to my efforts since that time to live what I believe. I know that Michael is on the right path for a life of joy and happiness despite challenges that might come. What more could a mom want for her children?

Mike is such a wonderful boy. He has a strong desire to do what is right and he loves to learn about the scriptures and about Jesus Christ. For me, Mike is a perfect example of why Christ has commanded us to become as little children. I learn so much from him each day.

No comments: