Saturday, June 30, 2012

Missing my kids

So I have been at Young Womens' camp with the girls at church since Tuesday. The adventures of the week deserve their own post which may or may not happen on this blog, but I wanted to blog about my coming home.

I was so excited to see Brian today. I always do better when we are together. Also, the kids have been with their Grandma and Grandpa for a week. How grateful I am that they are willing to help, and they also plan so many fun things. I have been hearing about their adventures non stop since they got home.

The main purpose of this post is to share something sweet that my Liz wrote for me. She made me a wonderful little book, wrapped it up so cute and tied it with a red ribbon. She even did the curly trick that I do with scissors and curling ribbon. The last page of the book said this:

The Joy of a Mother

The joy of a mother is your always there.
The joy of a mother is of me you care.
The joy of a mother is your big warm hug.
The joy of a mother is like a big soft rug.
The joy of a mother is you help me out.
The joy of a mother is your never to loud.
The joy of a mother I want you to know.
The joy of a mother I LOVE YOU SO!

This from the wonderful young lady who made matching bracelets so that we can each wear one throughout our week away and not forget each other. Needless to say, that tears that have been close to the surface all week flowed pretty freely.

Oh, I love having my kids home.

No comments: