Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pride and Prejudice

It wasn't until about 4 years ago that I was finally able to get through Pride and Prejudice. I have  seen snippets of the movie, but had never sat through all of that either. But once I finally read it, I was hooked, and I rewarded myself by enjoying all five hours of the A&E version of the movie. I think it would be safe to say that since that time I have been pretty hooked.

Not too long after that I found a Regency dress pattern and also a place that does bonnets. I bought the pattern then, but never could get up the courage to make a dress (I am not much of a seamstress) but this year I asked my friend to help me out and she did a beautiful job. (the only adjustment to the pattern was to the neckline. Now it is much more appropriate.) I love the dress. I feel so fancy when I wear it and I kind of feel like I just stepped out of Regency England. 


Another sweet friend helped me out by doing my hair and taking picture for me. She does an amazing job. And here are a few that I love. Looking at them I feel like I am exploring the grounds at Pemberley.





Brian may think I am weird, but he hasn't said it out loud. He may start to vocalize it if I start wearing my dress every time I watch an Austen movie though.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Love, Love, LOVE, LOVE!! I saw the pics on facebook, and have to admit to being totally jealous! The dress is gorgeous. If I had something like that, I would never worry about a Halloween costume again. Way to indulge!

Lisa said...

LOVE it!!

Ashlie Grow said...

those pictures are to die for! i think it is so fun that you made a dress because you loved the book :-)

Dana and Holly said...

Oh my word, it's every girls fantasy! You look like you came straight out of one of Jane Austen's books. What a wonderful idea!

Red Bed Head said...

Brian may think you are weird, but I don't know a woman out there that hasn't wanted to do the same thing. You look great!