Wednesday, July 23, 2008

At the fire station

Sue emailed me with pictures they took while the kids were visiting. These are some of my favorites for a lot of reasons. First, the kids LOVED this day. Michael still talks about it as if it was yesterday and as if it was going to Disneyland. What a cool thing! Second, I love them because I get to see what a good time they had. The hardest part of having them gone was missing out on watching them have neat experiences. So I am glad Sue took pictures so that I can see what they did and how much they loved it. Needless to say, they will make it into my scrapbook shortly.

The highlight: Sitting in the fire engine. Look at the perma-grin on Michael's face. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

Nathan and Liz getting a view inside the ambulance.

Sue with the kids in front of a big fire engine. Cool!

I think this is cute. I know the fire fighters taught the kids about fire safety and stuff and I love how he squatted down to talk at their level.

2 comments:

Jen Lee said...

That is awesome! It's fun that you get to keep those memories for your kids even though you weren't there.

Addie May said...

What a good grandma (and mother-in-law) you and the kids have! That looks like fun! Congrats on the new piano too!