Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An interesting quotation

So my presidency and I have been preparing a training/social for all of our teachers and those who serve in Primary. I LOVE PRIMARY! And I have been really excited to have an evening where we can teach, but also show those who serve in Primary how much we appreciate their service, and how valued their service really is. Anyway, so in my perparation I came across a quotation from Elder M. Russell Ballard.

“Teachers need to make sure that they are not simply preparing to teach a lesson, but rather they are preparing to teach a child of God. Every lesson, every meeting, and every activity should be focused on bringing these little ones to Christ.”

Whether we are teachers, parents, aunts, uncles, or just friends I think that our interactions boil down to this: it is necessary to remember that those we interact with are children of our Heavenly Father just like us, and they have the potential (as we do) to become like him. I think if we remember this we will treat people differently.

I am certainly not perfect, but hope to keep this in mind in all that I do.



Last night during FHE all of the older kids helped answer a question. Then we moved on. MEgan raised her hand and insisted "I say something." We paused the lesson and asked her what she wanted to say. "I a child of God." Nothing is better than stuff like this.

No comments: