Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh what do you do when the kids are gone?

So we went up last weekend to spend the 4th with Brian's family. We had a lovely holiday and then Saturday went to a neat train place with Brian's parents. Then Brian and I stayed home and the kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. They will come home Friday, but we basically ahve a full week without them.

To be completely honest I was a bit nervous the first day or so, but when we talked to the kids (and Sue) Sunday and found out how good they are doing I felt a lot better. They have been swimming (at least once a day) in Grandma's pool. They went to the park, picked out a toy at the dollar store, helped clean up Grandma's house, wne to see the fire station and a fire engine, and tomorrow they are off to the dinosaur park with Grandma and Aunt Jenalee. Megan goes right to bed for naps and at night and the other kids are doing great.

Let me just say I have a wonderufl mother-in-law. She has planned activities for the kids and has charts to help them behave and help her with chores and things. Just her willingess to take on the four of them for a week is truly amazing!

So . . . What have I done? I have enjoyed a chance for my body to wake me up in the morning, not someone else's little body. I have enjoyed eating when I get hungry instead of feeding kids all day long (admit it moms, it feels that way soemtimes) and I have enjoyed a few days free from PBS kids (I love the shows, but I am sure they are all reruns). My friend has kept me stocked with wonderful movies (Emma (the masterpiece theatre version), Jane Eyre, and a couple of other new ones I have never seen. I have been scrapbooking like crazy hoping to finish all of htose vacation pics that I took in Maine, and I spent the day today at BYU. I took pictures and enjoyed time to read. I love that place and enjoyed walking around and seeing how things have changed since Brian graduate five years ago.

I miss my kids, but it has been a treat to hear about all they are doing and how well they are doing. Thanks again Sue!

3 comments:

Jen Lee said...

LUCKY!!!!! What a wonderful treat for you!

Michelle said...

How did you get your blog to be so cute?

Richins Family said...

What a relaxing time for you! It is amazing how much time you have and how clean your house stays while kids are gone! Hope you have fun!